I'm behind the times. I found out that many of the kids at Lea's school have "nap friends," or stuffed animals that they sleep with during nap time. So, since Lea sleeps with four (yes, four) stuffed animals at night, I thought it might help her sleep during nap time if we brought a nap friend to school. Lea carefully narrowed down her choices, with Dog and Goat emerging as finalists. (Frog was deemed too big by Mommy, and Pig, Bear, Dolly, and Lion all had to stay home because they're her night time friends.) Finally, Goat was selected as her new "nap friend."
Lea was so proud to show "Mr. Goat" to all of her friends, although Colby thought that Mr. Goat was a caribou. I'm not sure how he knows what a caribou is (actually, I'm not sure that he DOES know what a caribou is, because Mr. Goat is white, fluffy, and has very small black horns and doesn't even vaguely resemble a caribou...but whatever).
And how did this whole "nap friend" thing work out?
-Lea had a fit in the car because Mr. Goat shed all over her outfit.
-Lea did NOT nap.
-We left Mr. Goat at school (which was my understanding of how this whole "nap friend" thing would work, but was NOT Lea's understanding), which resulted in major tears when Lea realized it. I tried to explain that Mr. Goat was holding down the fort at school, but Lea seemed dubious. Tad said she asked him no less than 7 times where Mr. Goat was.
At any rate, Lea and Mr. Goat were reunited this morning. I suppose he'll be making the trip home with us tonight. But Mr. Goat better start holding up his end of the deal here--if he gets to go to school with Lea, I expect to see some quality napping while she's there.
No comments:
Post a Comment