Friday, February 25, 2011

The re-appearance of Tasha - June 2007

Tasha made an appearance again last night as we were sitting at the dinner table. Once again, she was up on the light. So far, she hasn't made any other appearances. Part of me wonders whether they're reading some story in day care that would tie in to Lea's visions of Tasha. I'm going to try and remember to ask her teacher tonight when I pick her up.

Lea is getting very excited about the upcoming beach trip we're taking with Nana and Grandpa to the Outer Banks. So far, she's invited her friends Zach, Jackson, Caelin, and Ms. Merrick (her teacher). It's going to be difficult fitting all of them into the car. Actually, it's going to be hard enough fitting all of us and all of our stuff in the car. I remember the days when Tad would go home for breaks from college with just a small backpack. I never managed to travel that light, but I also never brought as much stuff as we bring now. It's a little better than when Lea was an infant--back then, we were terrified of leaving something behind that we might need. So we basically packed up everything that we owned. I'll never forget our first trip to the beach (Wilmington). We went down when Lea was 2 months old--Tad had a PD's conference, and Lea and I hung out. I think Tad made at least 5 trips back and forth to the car hauling in all of our stuff. We just didn't want to be stuck without something that we needed--and an infant who absolutely, positively would not stop crying because of it.

I'm off tomorrow, but am planning on taking Lea to school anyway. I need to do some things related to school, but even if I didn't probably would take her. Tomorrow is Jackson's last day, which makes me very sad. He's been a good friend of Lea's since he came to KinderCare. His mother is the current director of the Chapel Hill KinderCare, but she's leaving to take another job that will allow her to spend more time with Jackson. They're moving to Clayton, which is about 30 minutes away. Jackson will be attending daycare there. Lea doesn't know that he's leaving yet, and I don't know that she would absorb it even if she did. Things like this don't mean as much when you're 2--but I'm sure she'll still ask about him. Lea and Jackson spend a lot of time playing together during the day, so she'll be missing her buddy. We're going to try and arrange playdates so that Lea and Jackson can still see each other...and Zachy will still be there for consolation (he's her current favorite).

No comments:

Post a Comment