Friday, February 25, 2011

Things I never thought I'd write about - July 2007

So the big news in our house is that Lea has voluntarily peed on the potty twice. She's been going through a "potty strike" for a while, which Tad thinks is because she finally figured everything out. Before, it was just fun to sit and read on the potty. And then she figured out what actually is supposed to happen when you sit on the potty and didn't want to do it anymore. But Sunday night, after her tubby, she looked at Tad and said, "I want to sit on the potty." So she did, and then she said, "I'm going to pee." And she did (her favorite part is getting to dump her potty into the toilet and then flush it). I thought it was a fluke, but she did it again after her bath last night--announcing that she was going to pee on the potty and then actually making it happen. We're going to try making her bath an everyday event for a while to see if it encourages her. She still has absolutely no interest in going to the potty at school, but we're taking baby steps.

No comments:

Post a Comment