Monday, October 3, 2011

27 minutes and counting - Sep 2008

....is how long Lea has been singing/talking to herself in her room. I shall now type verbatim what's going on:

(maybe that was the magic decree...it's now all quiet...could it really be that easy????)

Anyway, to recap the past 27 minutes, we began with several rousing choruses of "John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt" (his name is my name too, you know). We then moved on to some sort of school song where she names all of her friends and sings to them to "jump up and down, jump up and down and turn all around." Then we moved on to several choruses of "10 little monkeys jumping on the bed."

Oh, wait...spoke too soon....as heard:

Five little ducks went out one day...5 little ducks went out to play...over the hills and far away....mother duck said, "quack, quack, quack..." but only 4 little ducks came back [Repeat, proceeding down to one.] One little duck went out to play, over the hills and far away, mother duck said, "quack, quack, quack," but only 6 little ducks came waddling...but only. [pause]...but only....no little ducks came waddling back. [repeat from beginning, except substitute "daddy duck" for "mother duck".

Hah, hah, hah, doo, doo, doo, doo...
This is what I say, now we're going to play. Hello, Lea, Lea is our friend. Hello, Lea and here we go again. Hello, Alex...Alex is our friend. Hello, Alex, and here we go again. [Repeat with Mira, Mikey, Carter, Everybody, Stickers.] {Pam's note: Must be another school song, though doubt they actually say "hello" to stickers at school.}

The wiggle trees outside...and the grass and the mulch. Come in, gusty gump. Shhhhh...shhhhh. {Pam's note: Clearly made up.}

I feel crazy so I jump in the soup, I feel crazy so I jump in the soup. I jump, jump, jump, in the soup. I feel crazy so I gallop in my soup, I feel crazy so I gallop in my soup, I gallop around in my soup. I feel crazy so I splash in my soup (etc.). I feel crazy so I jump in my soup. I jump. Jump. {Pam's note: Sounds made up, but actually is from a CD we have.}

La, la, LAAAA!
Where is Thumpkin, where is Thumpkin? Here I am! Here I am! How are you today, sir? Very fine, I thank you. Run away, run away. [Repeat with Pinky, Ring Man.]
A pumpkin came with some shampoo, and he said this is what I do....[gibberish]
Dubble wubble bubble bubble bubble bubble bubble bubble
Here in the bubble went on and ouch.
Ouch on the belly and the cow will say...
{Pam's note...songs are clearly disintegrating. Can only assume this means sleep is on the way. Except that she's now been at it for 42 straight minutes.}

No comments:

Post a Comment