Monday, October 3, 2011

Too long, too long - Aug 2008

Apparently I've been operating under the assumption that I was on summer vacation from blogging. It's been forever since I've logged in and posted - but I'm back. I think I've discovered that blogging is a form of procrastination for me. The realization came as I'm sitting here in the coffee shop in the Health Sciences Library, trying to do some work. I had mapped out my work for the week, and then tucked in to my Nutrition class reading. After reading 9 pages on maternal weight gain during pregnancy and its relation to postpartum weight status, I delved into 38 pages of the American Dietetic Association's position on maternal weight gain. And, after reading those 38 pages, I blinked back the sleep that was slowly overtaking me and thought, "I should really update my blog." It was either that, or get started reading about the outcomes of material weight gain. My other option was to go get a snack to try and wake up, but I felt a bit hypocritical eating a cookie and reading about maternal weight gain. ("I can't believe how much weight some women gain while pregnant...hmmm, I thought this cookie was supposed to have chocolate chips AND nuts...")

At any rate, I'm back, I'm posting, and will hopefully continue to update the blog more regularly.

No comments:

Post a Comment