My dad can tell jokes. By this I mean that he has the necessary skills to tell a good joke. Namely: (1) an appropriate sense of the dramatic / comedic and (2) enough of a memory to actually remember both the joke and punch line.
Personally, I have an excellent sense of the dramatic / comedic (with heavy emphasis on the "excellent sense of the dramatic"). However, for the life of me, I can't actually remember all the pieces to a joke. Most often, I remember the punch line and have no idea how to get there (my dad may be the only one who will understand what I'm about to say, but I remember the punch line to the "Foo Bird" joke - which I'll refrain from posting here - but I have no idea how to get there).
At any rate, I think Lea has inherited my ability to tell a joke. I call this story "Lea tells a knock-knock joke"
(First, I should ensure that we're all familiar with the famous "orange - banana" knock-knock joke, which goes as follows:)
"Knock knock"
"Who's there"
"Banana"
"Banana who?"
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Banana"
"Banana who?"
[Repeat until person you're telling the knock-knock joke to is just about to walk away from you, then end with:]
"Knock knock"
"Who's there?"
"Orange."
"Orange who?"
"Orange you glad I didn't say 'banana'?"
[Wait for uproarious laughter to ensue. You may be waiting a while.]
Lea's version of the joke:
"Knock knock."
"Who's there?"
"Banana."
"Banana who?"
"BANANA MOMMY!!!!!"
[No need to wait for uproarious laughter to ensue, because the 3 1/2 year old joke teller will provide her own.]
No comments:
Post a Comment