First of all, let me just say that I won't be able to do this vignette justice because I'm forced to record it in the written medium. But, I'll do my best.
Lea has lately been infatuated with a program called "Fireman Sam" that features a cartoon fireman named, well, Sam, and his friends. They all have British/Australianish accents (Tad did some research and I believe that the program takes place in Wales, but that they've added a few Australian characters). Anyway, today Fireman Sam was talking about needing water to put out a fire.
Several minutes later, Lea looks around for her water, spots it on the table, reaches her arm out toward it, and looks to me for help reaching it while saying, "Woohtah." I look at her strangely, and she repeats, "Woohtah! Woohtah! Woohtah!"
Finally realize that she's saying "water" with her version of a British accent.
My British Nana (Grandie to Lea) would be so proud. (And also would probably be the only one to understand Lea right away.)
Lea has lately been infatuated with a program called "Fireman Sam" that features a cartoon fireman named, well, Sam, and his friends. They all have British/Australianish accents (Tad did some research and I believe that the program takes place in Wales, but that they've added a few Australian characters). Anyway, today Fireman Sam was talking about needing water to put out a fire.
Several minutes later, Lea looks around for her water, spots it on the table, reaches her arm out toward it, and looks to me for help reaching it while saying, "Woohtah." I look at her strangely, and she repeats, "Woohtah! Woohtah! Woohtah!"
Finally realize that she's saying "water" with her version of a British accent.
My British Nana (Grandie to Lea) would be so proud. (And also would probably be the only one to understand Lea right away.)
No comments:
Post a Comment