Monday, October 3, 2011

Hooray for Target! - Sept 2008

No, not just because we spend nearly all of our time there (although we do...seriously, you can buy ANYTHING at Target).
But, in the interest of public health, I'd like to offer some praise to Target.
Last night, we received a phone call around 8:00, and it was from the Target pharmacy. They wanted to make sure that Lea was doing okay with the antibiotics, and then also offered a reminder about the importance of finishing the whole course of antibiotics, regardless of how Lea is feeling. Which, of course, having a mother who's a nurse and being a public health student, I already knew. However, I think it's great that they took the time to call and I also think it's a potentially very useful intervention to make sure that people are taking their medications as prescribed. So, Target gets my kudos for the day.

Target: Where you can buy bananas, laundry detergent, yard furniture, party decorations, sheets, shoes, jewelry, and potting soil. Oh yeah, and get your public health messages too.

No comments:

Post a Comment