Monday, October 3, 2011

A new approach to photography - Nov 2008

Lea and I made pumpkin bread this weekend, which was a ton of fun. It wasn't as good as my mom's pumpkin bread, but we put chocolate chips in it, so that made up for the deficiency. Tad had the camera out to take a few pictures us mixing, measuring, and stirring. Lea was wearing one of my old aprons, standing on one of our kitchen chairs that we had pulled up to the counter. She had a big wooden spoon and a large double-batch of pumpkin bread mix in front of her. I picked up the camera and took a picture of Lea stirring the chocolate chips in. After this, she wanted to take a picture of me. I handed over the camera and prepared to pose.

Then I heard a little, "Oh no!" and a "sploonch" kind of sound (it may have been in the opposite order, but order really isn't important here). What IS important is the fact that our camera landed smack dab in the middle of a gloopy mess of pumpkin bread batter and started sinking like it was in quick sand.

I snatched it out, and Tad and I then proceeded to juggle the tasks of calming Lea ("no biggie, accidents happen") and extracting pumpkin goo from the camera with q-tips.

I think we got it all, since we've used the camera since then and it seems to be fine....perhaps exuding a slight aroma of pumpkin, but otherwise a-ok. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment