This is the last week that Lea will be in Room 9, the 3 and 4 year old room at her school. She'll be moving to Room 11, one of the 4-5 year old rooms. Next summer, she'll be in the school's "summer camp" for the months before she starts...gasp...kindergarten.
I'm so grateful for all the wonderful teachers Lea has had throughout her time in day care. These are the people to whom I entrust my daughter every day, and it's a hard, underpaid job. We've always tried to tell Lea's teachers how much they mean to us, because they are the ones responsible for her well-being when Tad and I can't be there. In my mind, there's no job more important.
One of Lea's teachers from Room 9 wrote us a card last week, and it really meant a lot to me. I'll be keeping it (along with the others we've received over the years) for Lea to read when she gets older.
"Pam, Lea, Tad,
I want to thank you for allowing me to teach Lea. I really enjoyed having her in room 9. I will miss her so much. She is a wonderful sweet girl. Both you and your husband are wonderful people. You all are really an inspiration. Thank you for also taking the time to get books from the library!!
Ms. Alexis"
No comments:
Post a Comment