Monday, October 3, 2011

I'm turning into my mother - Sep 2008

So we've been bombarded with news stories about the approach of Hurricane Hanna, which range from "batten down the hatches, or you're going to get blown away" to "just a little rain."

I talked to Tad last night about our "emergency preparedness" plan. We looked, and discovered we have plenty of batteries, some flashlights, and a generally well-stocked pantry. But the water...what if we lose our water?

Tad mentioned filling up bathtubs.
I believe I said something about how I wasn't going to drink dirty bath water.
I know the thought about how we could just drink beer crossed Tad's mind, but to his credit, he didn't say it.
In the end, he convinced me that we'll end up with heavy rain, but it's not a real hurricane, so we don't need to go stock up on water.

So, I went on my merry way and headed to the gym, knowing that we'd be fine without getting water.
And, on the way home from the gym, I stopped at the 24-hour supermarket and picked up a case of bottled water. And 6 bottles of seltzer. I just couldn't help myself, and I blame my mother. But really, isn't it better to be safe than sorry? And so what if we now have enough bottled water to fill a small pool....

No comments:

Post a Comment