Scene: Chick-Fil-A, Kids' Night
The giant cow comes walking around, mobbed by young kids. As the cow has his tail pulled, his hands shaken and high-fived, and is generally tortured by small children, I'm reminded again how very thankful I am to not have that job.
Lea: Why doesn't the cow talk?
Me: I'm not sure. [Unclear how much to share - I mean, I THINK she knows there's a person in there, right?]
Lea: But there's a person in there. [Well, that solves THAT issue.]
Me: Maybe they don't want the person in there to talk.
Lea: Why not?
Me: Because maybe they want other kids to think that it's a real cow. [Why CAN'T the cow talk? How the heck do I know? Why do they make the people at Chick-fil-A say "my pleasure" instead of "thank you?" Maybe it's company policy??]
Lea: [Pause.] Well...he could AT LEAST moo.
The giant cow comes walking around, mobbed by young kids. As the cow has his tail pulled, his hands shaken and high-fived, and is generally tortured by small children, I'm reminded again how very thankful I am to not have that job.
Lea: Why doesn't the cow talk?
Me: I'm not sure. [Unclear how much to share - I mean, I THINK she knows there's a person in there, right?]
Lea: But there's a person in there. [Well, that solves THAT issue.]
Me: Maybe they don't want the person in there to talk.
Lea: Why not?
Me: Because maybe they want other kids to think that it's a real cow. [Why CAN'T the cow talk? How the heck do I know? Why do they make the people at Chick-fil-A say "my pleasure" instead of "thank you?" Maybe it's company policy??]
Lea: [Pause.] Well...he could AT LEAST moo.
No comments:
Post a Comment