The Marroon Goal Tigers will be making their final appearance tomorrow at 10 am. We'll all wait anxiously for the outcome of the game...except that nobody keeps score. At any rate, parents have been informed that medals will be distributed to all players at the end of the game, which I'm sure will be a highlight for Lea.
Sort of takes me back to the end of my own soccer season as a member of "The Kickers," where we were awarded the very special honor of "Best Team Name." Oy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the hidden meaning there. Nice try, Kickers.
I've loved watching Lea "play soccer," which I feel obliged to put in quotes because she's just as likely to be running after the soccer ball as chasing a butterfly (last Saturday, she managed to coerce another player into abandoning the game to chase butterflies with her). Another highlight for me was seeing the entire game stopped when one player found a bug on the sidelines - and in short time, all of the kids from both teams were gathered around the bug, ooohing and aaahing over it. I'm pretty sure that never happened to Mia Hamm, but I could be wrong.
Below is an unofficial team photo of the Goal Tigers - fiercest team in the 3-4 year old division.

Sort of takes me back to the end of my own soccer season as a member of "The Kickers," where we were awarded the very special honor of "Best Team Name." Oy. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out the hidden meaning there. Nice try, Kickers.
I've loved watching Lea "play soccer," which I feel obliged to put in quotes because she's just as likely to be running after the soccer ball as chasing a butterfly (last Saturday, she managed to coerce another player into abandoning the game to chase butterflies with her). Another highlight for me was seeing the entire game stopped when one player found a bug on the sidelines - and in short time, all of the kids from both teams were gathered around the bug, ooohing and aaahing over it. I'm pretty sure that never happened to Mia Hamm, but I could be wrong.
Below is an unofficial team photo of the Goal Tigers - fiercest team in the 3-4 year old division.
No comments:
Post a Comment